Copyright © 2017 Sporadic Obsessions> | Wordpress Themes by Theme Fashion.
If you haven’t notice, I love gifts! My favorite gifts to receive and give are personalized gifts!
My favorite part of the gift giving experience is seeing the happy smiling face of the recipient of my gift. My second favorite part is when someone exclaims, “Where on earth did you get that”? Gift giving has always to been easy for me. And I want it to be easy for you too!
So I created this gift guide for those of you that struggle with gift giving, but want to improve your gift giving skills. I want you to get “ohs and ahs” the next time you give a gift. Buying unique and memorable gifts doesn’t have to be hard, you just need to know where to shop. These are some of my most beloved websites for personalized gifts.
I know that Easter was over a week ago, but my Easter basket was such a big hit I decided to write a #latepost. This Easter, I made an Easter basket for a pre-teen young lady. I’m not trying to brag or anything, but she LOVED it! Since my basket recipient was not a little girl, I didn’t want to make the traditional girly basket with coloring books, candy, and toys. I wanted my basket to be “on fleek” (that’s what the kids are saying these days). So, I asked myself what do teen girls like and where do teen girls shop (because at the end of the day pre-teen girls want whatever teen girls have)!
After, channeling my inner teen girl this is what I came up with. (more…)
Welcome to Sporadic Obsessions! This is my very first blog post. I’m very excited to be share my current obsessions and hobbies. I’m starting this blog with my favorite past-time…. SHOPPING!!!
Not only do I love to shop, but I love a good deal! I try not to pay retail for most of my purchases. When shopping online or in an actual store I try to use a coupon or a discount code. I use the resources below to help save money when I’m shopping. By the way… if you see a * by a link it’s an affiliate link and I make a small commission for your referral.
1. Ebates* pays members cash back (like a rebate) every time they shop online as well as give them the best coupons and deals online. Using Ebates to receive cash back helps you to save while shopping online. Lisa from lisaalamode.com shared how she shops online and uses Ebates to get discounts on MAC cosmetics. And we all know that MAC never goes on sale.
2. Hip2Save is a nationally-recognized coupon and savings blog. Hip2Save provides readers daily coupons, online deals, freebies, and more. Hip2Save also has a Youtube page where the creator post store specific shopping videos for brands like Taget and Wlamart. The videos are both informational and entertaining.
3. Shoptagr* provides personalized sale alerts. If your window shopping online and you see something you like, but don’t like the price tag. You can save that item with Shoptagr and the site will email you when that item goes on sale. The company’s motto is to provide desired products at the desired price tag you deserve. And they do a great job!
4. BeFrugal* is similar to Ebates as it provides cash back from online purchases. BeFrugal also offers coupons, deals, and promotional codes for retail establishments and restaurants. The cash back rates on these sites change frequently. I recommend signing up for both Ebates and BeFrugal and using switch-ever site happens to be offering the highest cash back rate for the item your purchasing that day.
5. Coupons are an oldie but goodie. It’s a great way to save money on groceries and personal care products. You can subscribe to the weekend edition your local paper to receive weekly coupon inserts or visit websites like coupons.com to virtually clip coupons. If you are new to couponing, I recommend using sites like southernsavers.com to learn the best tips and tricks.
6. Mobile Apps are a great way to save while in-store shopping. Mobile apps provide coupons for in-store discounts. The cashier can scan the coupon from your smart phone. So before you get in the check-out line search these apps for discounts or coupons. I almost always find a coupon. My favorite mobile apps are Retail Me Not and Target Cartwheel. These next two apps are for after your shopping trip, you use the receipts to earn rewards or money. The Walmart Savings Catcher finds lower advertised prices from other stores and gives you the monetary difference in a Walmart account. Whereas, the Receipt Pal app lets you take a picture of your receipts and earn points toward rewards. I highly recommend that you download these apps to your smart phones ASAP!
Well, that’s all folks… these are my favorite shopping resources. Now it’s your turn. What are your favorite sites or apps for saving money? Share ’em in the comments!