Copyright © 2017 Sporadic Obsessions> | Wordpress Themes by Theme Fashion.
Happy National Women’s Month!
Today, I’m continuing my thrifting series with a new thrifting post. My thrifting posts are my most popular post on Pinterest, so thanks for the love!
I reached out to some of my thrifting blogger friends and created this roundup of bloggers who post thrifting advice and fashion inspiration on their blogs. Take a look these chic ladies, you’d never know that their outfits are thrifted or “vintage” as I like to say! Check out their blogs for more fashion inspiration! Be sure to let them know I sent you!
Who doesn’t love free stuff? And freebies on your birthday… it doesn’t get any better than that! My 34th birthday is this Friday, so today I’m sharing 34 of my favorite birthday freebies. This list includes both restaurants and retailers! Lots of companies want to help you celebrate your special day and want to give you a gift on your birthday
The Yellow and Green Farmers Market is kind of a hidden gem because its set up in the heart of a residential neighborhood and not visible from the highway or any main roads.
Yellow Green Farmers Market is located at 1940 North 30th Road Hollywood, FL 33021[GMap]. This market is only open on the weekends from 8:00 a.m.-4:00 p.m. It’s open rain or shine because all the 300 plus vendors are in a covered barn shaped building. The market offers free parking, shopping carts, and Wi-Fi. It’s also pet friendly.
Hey y’all! Yesterday, I saw one of the bloggers I follow on instagram (my username: sporadic_obsessions) use the hashtag #treatyoself. Of course, I then clicked on the hashtag to see how others used it! Most seem to use the hashtag on drool worthy food pics. I have a serious sweet tooth, so I don’t consider deserts to be a treats. Cookies, ice cream, and cupcakes are just a normal part of my week!
But, I loved the idea of this hashtag as inspiration to do nice things for yourself. I think that self-love and taking the time to care for yourself is very important, especially for women. It’s easy for women to become so consumed with taking care of others (spouse, children, parents, boss, friends, ect.) that they put their own wants and needs on the back burner. And sometimes we neglect ourselves for so long that we can’t remember what we actually like, want or need. Now if the above self-care statements were not enough of a justification for “treating yourself” keep reading.
Welcome to Sporadic Obsessions! This is my very first blog post. I’m very excited to be sharing with you my current obsessions and hobbies. I’m starting this blog with my favorite past-time…. SHOPPING!!!
Not only do I love to shop, but I love a good deal! I try not to pay retail for most of my purchases. When shopping online or in an actual store I try to use a coupon or a discount code. I use the resources below to help save money when I’m shopping.
1. Ebates* pays members cash back (like a rebate) every time they shop online as well as give them the best coupons and deals online. Using Ebates to receive cash back helps you to save while shopping online. Lisa from lisaalamode.com shared how she shops online and uses Ebates to get discounts on MAC cosmetics. And we all know that MAC never goes on sale.
2. Hip2Save is a nationally-recognized coupon and savings blog. Hip2Save provides readers daily coupons, online deals, freebies, and more. Hip2Save also has a Youtube page where the creator post store specific shopping videos. The videos are both informational and entertaining.
3. Shoptagr* provides personalized sale alerts. If your window shopping online and you see something you like, but don’t like the price tag. You can save that item with Shoptagr and the site will email you when that item goes on sale. The company’s motto is to provide desired products at the desired price tag you deserve. And they do a great job!
4. BeFrugal* is similar to Ebates as it provides cash back from online purchases. BeFrugal also offers coupons, deals, and promotional codes for retail establishments and restaurants. The cash back rates on these sites change frequently. I recommend signing up for both Ebates and BeFrugal and using switch-ever site happens to be offering the highest cash back rate for the item your purchasing that day.
5. Coupons are an oldie but goodie. It’s a great way to save money on groceries and personal care products. You can subscribe to the weekend edition your local paper to receive weekly coupon inserts or visit websites like coupons.com to virtually clip coupons. If you are new to couponing, I recommend using sites like southernsavers.com to learn the best tips and tricks.
6. Mobile Apps are a great way to save while in-store shopping. Mobile apps provide coupons for in-store discounts. The cashier can scan the coupon from your smart phone. So before you get in the check-out line search these apps for discounts or coupons. I almost always find a coupon. My favorite mobile apps are Retail Me Not and Target Cartwheel. These next two apps are for after your shopping trip, you use the receipts to earn rewards or money. The Walmart Savings Catcher finds lower advertised prices from other stores and gives you the monetary difference in a Walmart account. Whereas, the Receipt Pal app lets you take a picture of your receipts and earn points toward rewards. I highly recommend that you download these apps to your smart phones ASAP!
Well, that’s all folks… these are my favorite shopping resources. Now it’s your turn. What are your favorite sites or apps for saving money? Share ’em in the comments!
*= affiliate link